Saturday, June 25, 2011

Single Mom

Well part of our moving process includes us living in two different places at once. My husband still has 3 weeks of work before he can move with us. This means, for the next 3 weeks I am a full time single mom, starting today.

I know that it will be okay, but I have to be honest, I am pretty nervous about the entire idea. Two little monsters all to myself! Yikes! Good thing they are pretty darn cute little monsters.

I did prepare a bit though to make the week a bit easier. I planned out all our dinners. Due to some logistical issues, I won't be able to get our of the apartment this week (thank goodness for a balcony!), so we did all our grocery shopping today. So I think we are set for the week as far as food goes.

I think my biggest task will be keeping Bess out of all the boxes. We have not had much of a chance to unpack yet, so there are boxes everywhere and Bess just loves to get into them. At leat that will keep me motivated to unpack when I can. JJ had been pretty glued to me lately.

Tomorrow we also need to tackle bath night. That should be interesting...

Wish me luck! I will probably blog often just to keep my sanity!

1 comment:

  1. You'll do great, though you'll probably be exhausted by the end! lol.. You're a real trooper - the longest stint without Daddy that I have done is 6 days! I was never so happy to have him home. Now to toot the Mommy horn, I think we handle these times on our own with the kids better than the Daddy's do -- our brains just seem to organize and multi-task better - and my husband would agree with this comment. :) Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete