Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bess's First Birthday

Today is a bittersweet day.

Bitter because my baby moves up to a new classification today: toddler. Even though we just welcomed a new babe to the family, Bess will always be my baby girl.

Sweet because today is Bess's first birthday! It is exciting as it means a whole new chapter. We now have a toddler! She really is no longer a baby. She is almost walking, and even though we have yet to hear her say her first word we know she understands a lot. Watching her is amazing. You can see her mind working and problem solving all the time. It is great to watch.

Today we kept things low key. Cake and a couple of presents, just me, my husband, JJ and her. I managed to make up a banana cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting quickly between JJ's feedings today. It turned out pretty good. I am sure I could have done a nicer job icing the cake, but I was in a hurry. Bess seemed to enjoy it, although I think she enjoyed playing with the icing in her hands more. That's okay though, it is her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment