Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Big Girl Steps

So today I decided to put on my big girl shoes and apply for a job. Okay I know that doesn't sound like such a big deal. However, this time it was different. Today was the first time that I have applied for a job by writing my application in Danish. Before now I have always sent them out in English. I am not confident in Danish at all so this was a really big step for me. Writing it out was not such a big deal, however it does show that I DO know some danish and therefore will be expect to be able to speak some danish. That is what freaks me out. The moment I have to speak danish I freeze and have an anxiety attack.

The job itself is nothing exciting. It is just for room cleaning at a hotel. However it will be entirely in Danish (or mostly anyways). This is what I need to get over my speaking of danish fear. I'm not sure that I will get the job though. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. good luck!! there are plenty of hotel maids in the stated who don't speak english, i'm sure you'll be eligible for a job like that, and it might help with your danish! i wish i was bi-lingual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Unfortunately here it is really really hard to get any kind of job unless you are fluent in the job. Even cleaning ones. I am pretty sure I know enough danish to handle the job though haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, i always forget how completely different the job market is in other countries. i hope you get the job, fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete