Sunday, April 17, 2011

I was being crafty yesterday and...

For my birthday my husband got me a sewing machine. I finally put it to good use yesterday.

I have been wanting to try making a cloth diaper since I started looking into the whole cloth diapering experince. Well, I made my first one yesterday. There are many issues with it. Issues aside though I am soooo happy with it and it works just fine!

I just used an old tee-shirt of my husbands.

Here are the front and back shots. It is a one-size fitted diaper (so it needs a cover). Great because it fits both kids.
JJ modeling:




I made it from the Wee Weka pattern that can be found here. I didn't follow the pattern instructions 100%. I did the leg elastics a bit different. I think next time I will make a couple other adjustments as well. Over all though, I am very very happy. I can't wait to find some more time to make more!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Following you from the hop..Please stop by and say hi :)
    Areyouamom.com
    Thanks,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I have been taking sewing lessons and next on my list is to make cloth diapers for my sister in law. I put a link to one of my posts below. Also, following you back! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    http://babycravings.blogspot.com/2011/03/baby-on-budget-diapers.html

    ReplyDelete