Monday, March 21, 2011

How to Loose That Left Over Baby Fat Quickly

Last week was a miserable week for us. I blogged about how germs suck. Well they really really suck. Bess's fever went away after 4 days and she was able to go back to daycare last Monday. She made it until Wednesday.

Around 2 or 3 a.m. on Thursday my husband woke up and started throwing up. He was very ill for the rest of the night. I layed awake during most of it, because hey, how is one supposed to sleep when you live in a one bedroom apartment and someone is sick. It is just not possible. In between the sounds of my husbands up-chucking I would listen for any signs coming from Bess's room that she might also be sick. I did hear her cough and gag a couple of times, but since she was still suffering from a cold and she didn't cry or anything I figured she was fine. I even went in and checked on her (sans lights) and she was sweetly snuggled up in the corner in the crib.

6:30 a.m. rolls around and since my husband is still ill I get up to get Bess up for daycare. Well... lights make all the difference. I find her and her crib cover in puke. Poor thing. She even had carrots in her hair. Other than being gross and tired, she was fine and in a decent mood once I washed her up. I still opted to keep her home for the day just in case. The day passed without anymore pukage from either my husband or Bess.

8 p.m. and it was my turn. I spent the rest of the night on the bathroom floor thanking god that I had pumped and froze milk for JJ. At one pointed I did try nursing him, but I ended up holding him as he ate with my husband holding a bucket in front of me as I puked. I have no idea how JJ held on, but he didn't seem to care and continued to eat the entire time. I spent Friday more or less in bed, only getting up to nurse JJ.

Now here comes in the title of my post. During my bought with the flu I lost the rest of my baby weight. Granted I didn't have much to loose. In two days I lost about 7lbs. I am now down to the weight I was when I got pregnant with Bess. I would still like to loose 10 to 20lbs more, but at least now I don't have to work extra hard to loose that baby weight. However, would I suggest going out and finding flu ridden people in hopes of catching the flu just to loose weight? No, having the flu sucks.

Unfortunately our crappy week is spilling into this week. JJ still have a cough. Bess had her one year vaccinations on Friday and has two teeth cutting and she has been running a fever since Saturday. We feel so bad for her. She just can't seem to catch a break between the cold, fever, flu and now fever again. She is really run down and all she wants to do is lay down with a blanket and a pillow. She does have a couple periods during the day where she perks up, but coming evening she is a sorry sight. I am hoping that tonight is the night her fever breaks...

I think this has been one of our hardest weeks of being parents yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment